Thursday 24 May 2012

creativeassessing


Thinking about the cycles in the work I am engaged in over the year - well it’s that time of year so I am deep in the middle of assessing final year work at nuca. there are some interesting starting points within the portfolios so I am looking forward to seeing what students make for the final show.
Meanwhile i am engaged with the part of my practice that is more focused around working with people.
I have been working with the Peer Assisted Learning (PALS) coordinator at nuca on the induction day for new volunteers. Lots of group bonding sessions and sharing skills workshops. 
I am also working with Artlink on a very special project called Creative Carers where I am developing workshops with /for the carers of elderly people in care homes. It will be an interesting and stretching project which will I am looking forward to – the first session was excellent – part of this was the training - thinking about my role and skills as a communicator and the other was that i was able to cycle to work!