Monday 31 December 2012

howmusicworks


A good break so far – spent a lot of it with a present I bought for myself – How music works by David Byrne. In amongst the astute theories about the music business from the perspective of a musician are some insightful personal comments that have enforced some thoughts around sound and made me reconsider the role of music in my life. The relationship to space and technology was particularly good. As a fan it was excellent to read the background to the thoughtful, intelligent music that has been in the background since 77 was played in the art room at Binley Park Comprehensive. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Byrne Gone back to the source More Songs About Buildings and Food, Fear of Music, Remain in Light and My Life in the Bush of Ghosts have been on the turntable all Christmas.