Sunday 4 February 2018

brainpowermakingbrains

I checked out the latest show at Annka Kultys Gallery which is by Bob Bicknell-Knight and all about how the internet is both presenting, mirroring and simultaneously driving us all to hell. Meanwhile the steep learning curve that is 3D printing is going well. I managed to print a brain with the two colour printer where the foundation struts are a different colour. The imagery within the program is probably more interesting that the actual objects, although there is an abstract magic around making real the virtual which I am sure I will never fail to be amused/amazed by. In the drawing workshop I redrew and then printed a 3D version using the medical scanning software of a blind-left-hand-15-second-drawing (yes the drawing workshop was a wonderful 'oldskool' art school session). Which was odd and infused with possibilities.

So this happened - on Saturday night I found myself walking away from an art auction for Bank arts in Eye with an Abigail Lane print! Meanwhile wonder http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2543472/ is truly beautiful and heart wrenchingly, obvious and a well worn journey but still quite lovely.